Furnaces are an essential part of keeping your home warm during the colder months. To ensure that your furnace continues to function efficiently and effectively, it is important to properly care for it. Here are some tips for caring for your heating unit:
- Change the Air Filter Regularly: The air filter should be changed at least once every three months. A dirty air filter can reduce airflow and cause your it to work harder, increasing your energy bills.
- Keep the Area Around your unit Clear: Ensure that there is nothing flammable or combustible stored near the unit. Keep the area around the heating unit clear of any debris or clutter.
- Schedule a Professional Inspection: Have a professional HVAC technician inspect your furnace at least once a year. A professional inspection can help identify any potential issues before they become more significant problems.
- Check the Thermostat: Ensure that your thermostat is set to the desired temperature and that it is functioning correctly. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause the blower and unit to run constantly or not turn on at all.
- Clean the Furnace: Clean the exterior of the heating unit regularly to remove any dust or debris. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the surfaces.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your furnace continues to operate efficiently and effectively.
To have your heating and air conditioning unit serviced by a reputable company call iRepair Heating and Air at 801-233-1564