Even though it is still summer, now is the time to get your home ready for the winter. While the weather is still warm, there are several things you can do now, before the ice and snow come, to prep your home for an energy-efficient winter.
- Furnace Preparation – Call iRepair Heating and Air to inspect your heating system. You’ll want your duct work to be clean, filters changed and an annual furnace checkup.
- Fireplace – Inspect fireplace chimneys for small bird or rodent habitation. Have the chimney cleaned of soot buildup. Get a supply of firewood.
- Home Air Leaks – Check around doors, windows and pipes for cracks. Use chalking or weatherstripping around these areas to prevent heat escaping or cold air coming in.
- Roof and Gutters – Check flashing on the roof to ensure moisture cannot get into the home. Clean out gutters from debris. Replace worn out or missing roof tiles.
- Foundation – Check your home’s foundation for cracks. Seal them up.
- Landscaping – Trim trees and bushes around your home to keep them clear from the home and electrical wires.
For all your heating and air conditioning needs, call iRepair Heating and Air.