There are several simple things you can do to keep your home cool during those hot summer months and save on energy costs.
Simple House Cooling Fixes:
- Keep windows and door closed during the hot temperatures of the day.
- Open windows at night to allow the cool air to circulate.
- Turn off lights during the day. They emit heat.
- Limit the use of your appliances, such as a dryer or dishwasher, during the day. They emit heat.
- Limit the use of your oven during the day.
- Close the blinds on windows that face the sun during the day.
Long Term House Cooling Fixes:
- Plant shade Trees on the side of your home that gets the most sun.
- Invest in window awnings. They are a great way to keep your windows and doors shaded.
- Add additional insulation in your attic, and if possible your walls.
The best time to check all these items is in the early spring before you turn on your air conditioner. If you need a professional to check your system for you, or to repair any air conditioning issue, give us a call.