As winter approaches and the summer temperatures start to drop, now is the time to prepare your home for the cold winter temperatures. There are many things you can do yourself, and somethings that will require a trained technician like iRepair Heating and Air.
Don’t wait until you are in the middle of winter, when the risk of a furnace failure is high, to prepare your home and furnace for the cold temperatures.
Following are some easy tips to follow:
- Home Energy Checkup – Have a home energy checkup performed. iRepair Heating and Air can perform a professional home energy audit, or you can do some of the more simple checks yourself. To learn more about a checkup, see the government’s website on home energy savings.
- Check for Air Leaks – There are many places you can lose heated air in a home. Most are simple to locate and fix. Check around all windows, door and baseboards for gaps. These are areas where air can easily escape. Use a silicone caulking to seal these areas.
- Insulation – Check your attic and walls for sufficient insulation and add more or replace the insulation.
- Heating Furnace – Have iRepair Heating and Air come out to do a full inspection of your heating system. Replace dirty air filters will clean ones. Inspect your duct work that it is clean and free of debris.
- Appliances – Consider replacing old appliances with energy efficient ones. iRepair Heating and Air can assist you in this area.
Don’t wait! Start now to get your home ready for those upcoming cold winter months.