Getting your Home Ready for Spring
As winter starts to wind down and the temperatures start to warm up, it is a good time to start thinking about getting your home ready for the months of spring. As the snow and ice start to melt, you’ll begin to see a lot of outdoor areas that may need attention.
Here is a list that will help you to ensure that you cover the main items that will need your attention:
- Furnace Filter – Coming through the winter months your furnace has been working hard and pushing a lot of air through your furnace filter. Now would be a good time to replace your filter.
- Air Conditioning Unit – You’ll want to inspect your outside air conditioning unit, making sure it is free from debris and winter dirt. Move anything that may obstruct the fan area.
- Caulking – Check around all doors and windows to make sure your chalking did not crack during the winter months. If so, replace it will new chalking.
- Fire Extinguishers – Check your fire extinguishers to make sure they meet current safety standards, and check to see that they are fully charged.
- Smoke Alarms – Replace the batteries in all smoke alarms.
- Refrigerator and Freezer – Vacuum the coils on both your refrigerator and freezer. Buildup of dirt on these coils will cause them to heat up and eventually fail.