Fall – Time to Check Out Your Furnace
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That is so true when it comes to your home heating system.
As the hot summer days start to take a back seat to the cooler fall days, now is the best time to have your furnace checkup. iRepair Heating and Air has a more open schedule to come out immediately to do a full check up of your heating system.
Some things you can check yourself:
- Replace the battery in your thermostat.
- Vacuum around your furnace, keeping it clean and dust-free.
- Replace your air filter.
- Open your furnace door. Clean area with a vacuum.
- Check your blower belt for wear or adjustment.
- If your furnace has a pilot, check to see that it is on and working.
- Clean and vacuum around and in all your air vents. Make sure they are unobstructed.
It is always good to have a furnace expert come out to check for serious issues like leaks or cracks in the furnace components. Call iRepair Heating and Air at 801-233-1564 and they will come right out.