Easy Household Maintenance Tips – Salt Lake
“An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure.” This quote by Benjamin Franklin holds true when it comes to taking care of normal household appliances and functionality. Doing routine maintenance tasks will save a lot of heartache, as well as savings, down the road. Here is a list of 10 items you should do to keep your home running efficiently.
- Double check your garage door sensors to make sure they are working properly. You can do this by closing the garage door while putting something across the sensor to see if it is working properly. Also test the door against an obstruction.
- Annually replace all the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean and trim back debris from your outside air conditioner condenser.
- Replace your furnace filter every 3 to 4 months.
- Use a vacuum to vacuum out your clothes dryer vent.
- Use a vacuum to clean the coils of your refrigerator coils.
- Annually check your fireplace flue and have it cleaned from buildup.
- Check windows and door caulking and replace it if necessary.
- Inspect all electrical outlets, especially the GFCI outlets and test them.
- About every 6 months pour a drain chemical to breakdown any drain deposits.